for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- Added support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
- Improved dictionary usage examples which appear on keyword screen in addition to lookup list.
- Added reverse lookup for usage examples on dictionary keyword screen.
- Implemented online lookup for words not found in dictionary (paid version). An icon will appear in the search bar if the word you enter is not found in the
local dictionary. Tapping icon will open several online dictionaries. Switch between online dictionaries using tabs along top of screen.
- Added alert if Wi-Fi is not available for online lookup to warn user of possible carrier data charges. Turn alert on or off in More > Settings > Confirm Online Lookup (paid version).
- Improved usability of My Phrases section of phrase book. Tap the plus icon ("+") to add a phrase. Tap the arrow ">" to edit a phrase. Swipe from right to left
to delete a phrase.
- Added arrows to right side of dictionary lookup list to open keyword screen.
- Implemented info alert in search bar if word not found in free version but available in paid version.
- Improved phrase book by allowing user to tap on phrase in addition to flag icon to hear pronunciation.
- Improved icons in dictionary keyword toolbar.
- Fixed issue of repeating words in vocabulary quiz.
- Fixed problem of selecting last item in list when ads appear (free version).
- Added noun gender to dictionary key words in addition to being displayed in translations.
- Improved search algorithm to make it easier to find words with language specific characters.
- Added reverse lookup to iPad so user can tap on any translation to lookup in opposite direction.
- Increased size of phrase book to 530 phrases (265 in each language).
- Improved phrase book quality, categorization and graphics.
- Implemented My Phrases category with ability to add, edit and delete phrases.
- Added ability to search phrases on keyword.
- Implemented single index search for verb conjugations.
- Enhanced verb conjugation screen to include buttons for scrollable table or list of tenses.
- Fixed text-to-speech issue for iPad users which required users to occasionally reboot for audio.
- Fixed scroll to bottom of word list issue.
- Improved quiz performance.
- Numerous other enhancements including improved tab menu, better in-app help, fixed conjugation of several verbs, added navigation improvements.
- Added in-app purchases to free versions for extended dictionary, extended phrase book and extended verb conjugations.
- Added text-to-speech audio to dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations (requires internet).
- Implemented single search so user does not have to choose language to lookup a dictionary word.
- Added flag icons to dictionary to distinguish language of word.
- Implemented reverse lookup so user can tap on any word in dictionary definitions to display the translation.
- Integrated translations and conjugations so user can easily switch back and forth with one tap.
- Increased size of phrasebook to include eighteen categories and over 400 phrases.
- Added verb forms to dictionary.
- Improved vocabulary quiz.
- Added Help menu option which opens online user manual.
- Implemented numerous usability improvements including defaulting to screen keyboard for lookups, better iPad screen layout, larger quiz font size, high-resolution tab icons, fixed tab menu issue.
- Added conjugations for over 6,000 verbs including all major moods; Indicative, Subjunctive, Conditional and tenses; Present, Past, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect, Imperfect.
- Enhanced conjugation screen interface on iPhone with tense picker scroll wheel.
- Implemented History button to browse through previous lookups.
- Added Clear button to erase lookup history.
- Enhanced word roll view to include abridged translations. Tap to display full translations.
- Added ability to email translation.
- Enhanced support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 and above which can be useful for cutting & pasting translations into emails or other applications.
- Improved support for iPad landscape mode on conjugation and translation screens.
- Implemented return to last lookup when quitting and restarting application.
- Implemented split screen for word lookups on iPad. Scrollable word list appears in left panel and translations appear in the right panel.
- Added pop-up window to enter notes and select images for translations on iPad.
- Implemented split screen for phrases on iPad. Categories appear in left panel and phrases appear in the right panel.
- Implemented split screen for verb conjugations on iPad. Scrollable verb list appears in left panel and conjugation table appears in right panel.
- Improved support for portrait and landscape modes for all screens on iPad.
- Added several commonly used verb conjugations.
- Enhanced graphics including improved launch screen, about screen and application icon for iPhone 4 and large screen images for iPad.
- Increased font for translation notes edit field.
- Fixed word lookup bug.
- Corrected several verb conjugations.